Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Alone time... Me??

When I sometimes find mysekf alone, I think back to my high school years back when I loved being alone, when alone time was not something I needed but something I wanted. Now that I am a mother to four beautiful children my alone time is very limited, but I honestly dont want it, unless my mind and body desperately asks for it. I love the time I can spend with my family friends and the time I can spend with my husband as a couple. I treasure every single minute I am with company, what can I say, I am a peoples person. But when I find my self treating my mind to freetime, allowing it to think what it pleassures it, is when I realize that when were young we have no idea what we really want. We are really imature, our idea of perfect is the perfectly "Me" life, we get lost in the idea that if we work on ourselves all the time we will achieve happiness but now I personally believe this is not the case and it is completely the opposite. It is the possibility of making others happy. Being able to put a waffle in the toaster and serving it with their favorite syrup, seeing their little faces light up and after theyre all done eating, hearing their beautiful voices saying "Thank you, mom" is such a wonderful feeling. Now dont get me wrong one should never feel guilty when we find ourselves needing those minutes of quietness, peace withoutthe baby crying in the background while older children ask for one a milkion things, because we are human we need many things to be healthy ... Both being alone at times and having loved ones around as well are some of thise things!

1 comment:

  1. Very true! But now that my boys have become teenagers, I get to have more me time and I'm not complaining!
    Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete